- Interface: Internal ATAPI (enhanced IDE)
- Record standards supported:
- 4x/8x/12x/16x/20x (CD-R) (full CLV)
- 2x/4x/10x (CD-RW)
- Record methods: Disc At Once, Session At Once, Track At Once, Multi-Session,
- Record formats supported: CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD Extra, CD- I, Mixed-Mode
CD, VideoCD, PhotoCD, CD TEXT, Bootable CD, CD-ROM + CD-DA
- Read standards supported: read speed: 12X DVD , 40X CD
- Data rate:
- Sustained Data Transfer Rate: DVD-ROM 16,300 KByte/s (12X CAV)
- Sustained Data Transfer Rate: CD-ROM 6,000 KByte/s (40X CAV)
- Access time: Average Random Seek Time - CD-ROM (40x) 100ms
- Buffer size: 2,048KByte
- Physical characteristics:
- Dimensions(W x D x H): 146.0 x 202.0 x 41.5 mm
- Weight: less than 1 kg.
The drive is based on the Ricoh MP9200A Pick-Up. I.e. it is an OEM version
of the Ricoh MP9200A. We have received the drive in the Retail package.
The drive comes with CD-R and CD-RW(10x) discs, an audio cable and a user
manual. Besides, there are a CD with drivers and utilities, a CD with Adaptec
Easy CD Creator 5.1 and a CD with Cyberlink PowerDVD 4.0. All the stuff
is packed in a nice package.
The design of the PHILIPS RWDV2010 is really luxurious. The design of
the front panel is attractive, there are two separate media type indicators.
Either one or the other lamp goes on depending on a disc type. They are
of the neon color. A drive's operation indicator is tacked in between these
two (BUSY), during reading its color is blue-neon, and during recording
it's red. Unfortunately, there is only one button on the front panel -
The drive supports two Philips technologies: Seamless Link and TBW.
Seamless Link is the Philips' buffer underrun protection variant. Thermo
Balanced Writing(TBW) provides the highest quality of data recording. The
drive's tray doesn't have a special layer to redece a noise level at high
Now let's take a look at the information provided by the NeroCDSpeed
- Vendor : PHILIPS
- Product : CDRWDVD2010
- Firmware version : 1.20
- Buffer size : 2048 KBytes
- Maximum read speed : 7056 KBytes/sec (40 X)
- Read CD-R : yes
- Read CD-RW : yes
- Read CDDA : yes
- CDDA accurate : yes
- Read R-W : yes
- R-W packed : no
- C2 pointers : yes
- Speed settings : 2 X
- Read RAW mode : yes
As you can see, the obtained data completely coincide with the Ricoh's
results, which proves again that they are "relatives". The range of possible
speed values is also defined incorrectly by the program. This drive supports
a much wider range - 2x-4x-8x-10x-12x-16x-20x-24x-32x-40x.
The drive is RPC-2 from the very beginning, but according to the site
you can change its status to RPC-1 by changing the firmware.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!