Sharp Develops and Will Introduce New LCD Controller for Mobile Devices
Sharp has developed and will introduce the new LR388G9 LCD controller for mobile devices that enables simultaneous display on two different screens at half-XGA (480x1024) resolution, an industry first.
This chip features 32 Mbits of built-in video memory, an increase from the 16 Mbits of its predecessor. Combined with faster image processing speeds, it offers dual display capability to enable two different contents to be displayed at the same time on two separate LCD screens at the half-XGA resolution.
In addition, it enables full-HD video to be output to an externally connected LCD TV, video projector, or other similar device. Further, it features a high-speed serial interface (MDDI 1.2/MIPI) and a range of other interfaces such as those for cameras, SD memory cards, and IrSimple.
- Model name: LR388G9
- Applicable LCD panel size: 480 x 1024 pixels
- Applicable LCD resolution: Half-XGA + Half-XGA
- Colors: 24-bit
- Video memory: 32Mbits built-in
- LCD panel interfaces: RGB, SVDI, MIPI
- Host interface: MDDI 1.0/1.2, MIPI, CPU parallel bus
- External digital TV output: Full HD (1920x1080i @ 60 Hz, 1920x1080p @ 24 Hz, etc.)
- Camera interfaces: MIPI, CMOS I/F (14000k pixels max.)
- Package: WFBGA261-0808 (8 mm x 8 mm)
- Sample price (tax included): JPY 2400 (~US$27)
- Sample availability: July 5, 2010
- Mass production launch: September 2010
Source: Sharp Corporation
Write a comment below. No registration needed!