Sony Ericsson Releases Xperia X8, Yendo, Cedar, Will Update Xperia X10, X10 mini, X10 mini pro
The Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro smartphones will all receive software upgrades during their lifecycle to improve performance and add new communication and entertainment features. From Q3 2010 onwards, the Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro smartphones will be upgraded to run on the Android 2.1 OS in selected markets.
Xperia X10 will get HD video recording as part of the same Q3 upgrade. A further upgrade to the Xperia X10 in Q4 will make it possible to connect wirelessly to and display content on your television and enhance the Timescape and Mediascape applications.
Now let's proceed to product announcements. Today, Sony Ericsson announced the Xperia X8, which will build on the success of the X10 and the mini products.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 is an entertainment smartphone with a user interface similar to that of the Xperia X10 mini, with the four-corners that give easy one hand use and can be customised for one touch access to your favourite applications. The Xperia X8 also includes Timescape for easy access to all your social networking and the infinite button for one click access to a world of content. It's based on the Android OS 1.6.
The Xperia X8 will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colours White, Dark Blue/White, Aqua Blue/White, Pink/White, Silver/White.
Xperia X8 specifications:
- UMTS HSPA 900/2100, GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSPA 800/1900/2100, GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- 600MHz CPU
- 320 x 480 pixels (HVGA), 3-inch 16M-color capacitive touchscreen, scratch-resistant (min. pencil hardness 6H)
- Phone memory: Up to 128 MB
- Memory card support: microSD up to 16GB
- Google Android Donut, version 1.6
- 3.2-megapixel camera, video recording
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Micro USB connector, USB mass storage
- Sony Ericsson FM radio
- A-GPS, Google Maps
- Size: 99 x 54 x 15 mm
- Weight: 104g
- Bundled accessories: battery 1200mAh, stereo portable handsfree, 2GB microSD card, Micro USB cable, user documentation
The next novelty is Yendo with Walkman, the first full-touch Walkman phone which combines music, social networking and communication in one colorful phone. It provides consumers with Walkman phone features, but also gives them a number of color combinations so they can personalise their handsets to suit their mood and make sure it stands out from the crowd. The four corner touch UI allows to find the most important phone features in one easy one-handed operation.
The Sony Ericsson Yendo with Walkman will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colors: Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, White and Yellow.
Sony Ericsson Yendo with Walkman specifications:
- Networks: GSM GPRS/EDGERx 850/1900, GSM GPRS/EDGERx 900/1800
- CPU ARM946 @ 156Mhz
- Phone memory: Up to 5MB
- 2.6-inch 262K-color TFT, 320x240 pixels
- 2.0-megapixel camera
- FM radio
- 3.5 mm audio jack AVP
- Micro USB connector, USB mass storage
- Operating system: Sony Ericsson Proprietary
- Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 3.5hrs
- Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 312hrs
- Size: 93.5 x 52 x 15.8 mm
- Weight: 81 grams
- Bundled accessories: battery, stereo portable handsfree, charger, USB cable, user documentation
The last novelty announced today is Cedar, a mobile phone for consumers looking for an easy way to stay connected at an affordable price. The phone offers consumers fast and easy browsing capabilities with features such as 3G HSDPA and easy access to e-mail and social networking sites. Sony Ericsson Cedar features various green parts such as recycled plastics, a low-power consumption charger, an e-manual, watercolor paint, and compact packaging.
The Sony Ericsson Cedar will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colours Black/Silver and Black/Red.
Sony Ericsson Cedar specifications:
- 2.2-inch, 262K Colors TFT
- Size: 111 x 49 x 15.5 mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- 2-megapixel camera
- FM Radio
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- USB mass storage
- Talk time: 12 hours 30 min GSM, 4 hours 56 min UMTS
- Standby time: 420 hours GSM, 475 hours UMTS
- Bundled accessories: BST-43 battery, Micro USB charger
Source: Sony Ericsson
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!