Thermaltake Launches V9 BlacX Edition Mid-tower With Dual-Bay Top Docking Station
Thermaltake is introducing its first mid-tower chassis with integrated dual-bay docking station for easily swapping 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch SATA drives right from the top of the case.
Users can handle data access and transfer on-the-go without the need to install their harddrives or having to add an external docking device. The color-coded (blue) USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connector in front of the case makes it convenient to connect the latest USB 3.0 devices without having to crawl behind your case under the desk. Another USB 2.0 connector as well as HD audio microphone and earphone jacks on the top put all major multimedia connectors right in your hand's reach. The tool-free, all black Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition offers a total of 10 bays for maximum storage expansion and 7 PCI expansion slots.
As characteristic for Thermaltake chassis, special attention had been paid to optimized ventilation and airflow. Therefore one 23cm exhaust silent fan on top and another 12cm exhaust turbo fan in the back warrant that heat dissipated by the CPU is immediately blown out of the case. The drive cage for five hidden 3.5-inch drives is rotated by 90 degrees as to allow users direct access and easiest toolless installation, while a 12cm intake fan with blue LED light effect right in front of the cage makes sure that the harddrives are continuously cooled down at all times. The V9 BlackX Edition is also ready for liquid cooling setups with two holes for 1/2-inch, 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch water tubes in back. Further airflow is created by 2 pre-drilled ventilation hole areas on each side panel of the case.
The feet elevate the V9 BlacX Edition high enough as to allow for improved ventilation of the bottom based ATX PSII power supply. To avoid outside dust to find its way into your power supply a removable and cleanable dust filter is positioned underneath, providing users with an easy way to keep it clean.
The V9 BlacX Edition mid-tower with the dual-bay top docking station chassis and USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connector will be available in August 2010 for the suggested retail price of US$99.
- P/N: VM400M1W2Z
- Model: V9 BlacX Edition
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Dimension (H x W x D): 490 x 215 x 480 mm (19.3 x 8.5 x 18.9 inch)
- Net Weight: 6.85 kg / 15.1 lb
- Side Panel: Window
- Exterior & Interior Color: Black
- Material: SECC
- Cooling System:
- Front (intake): 120 x 120 x 25 mm Blue LED fan (1000rpm,16dBA ) or 140 x 140 x 25 mm fan x 1 (optional)
- Rear (exhaust): 120 x120 x 25 mm Turbo fan (1400rpm,17dBA)
- Top (exhaust): 230 x 230 x 20 mm Silent fan (800rpm, 14dBA)
- Drive Bays: 10
- 3 x 5.25", 2 x 3.5"
- 5 x 3.5"
- HDD Docking : 2.5" & 3.5" x 2
- Expansion Slots: 7
- Motherboards: 9.6" x 9.6" (Micro ATX), 12" x 9.6" (ATX)
- I/O Ports: USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 1, HD Audio x 1
- PSU: Standard PS2 PSU
- LCS Upgradable: Supports 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" water tube
- Other: CPU cooler height limitation: 165mm
- VGA length limitation: 315mm
Write a comment below. No registration needed!