VIA Rolls Out Its Most Power Efficient DX10.1 Chipset
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA VN1000 digital media chipset, claimed to be the most power efficient DX10.1 media chipset available today.
At the core of the VIA VN1000 lies a DirectX 10.1 graphics engine. It means that Windows 7 can employ Microsoft's advanced Windows Desktop Driver Model 1.1, improving memory efficiency, overall desktop responsiveness and an improved visual experience compared to WDDM 1.0.
VIA VN1000 also features the VIA Chrome 520 IGP, combining a DirectX 10.1 graphics engine, with support for Shader Model 4, OpenGL 3.0 graphics and OpenCL 1.0 for GPGPU applications.
Paired with the new VIA VT8261 Southbridge, the VIA VN1000 consumes up to 12W for both North and South bridges.
VIA VN1000 supports DDR3 memory at speeds of up to 1066MHz, one x8 lane and four x1 PCI Express II expansion slots, up to five PCI slots and a VIA Vinyl HD 8-channel audio codec. An IDE controller, support for up to four SATA2 drives, SD/MMS/MMC card reader support, and 12 USB2.0 ports are supplemented with support for PS/2, SPI, GPIO and LPC technologies.
The VIA VN1000 Digital Media IGP Chipset is fully compatible with all VIA Nano, VIA C7, VIA C7-M and VIA Eden processors and supports all Microsoft Windows platforms and popular Linux distributions.
VN1000 Northbridge features:
- Processor support: VIA Nano, VIA C7, C7-D and Eden (V4) processors
- PowerSaver support: Yes
- VIA V4 bus: 400/800 MHz
- Memory support: DDR2-677/800 and DDR3-800/1066
- Max. memory: 16GB
- PCI Express: one 8-lane, four 1-lane
- North/Southbridge link: Ultra V-Link (1GB/s)
- Graphics core: VIA Chrome 520
- DirectX: 10.1
- Video acceleration: H.264, WMV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
- HDTV support: Yes, including 1080p, 1080i and 720p resolutions
- Multi-display support: Yes, including dual HDMI DisplayPort and LVDS
Source: VIA Technologies
Write a comment below. No registration needed!