ZiiLABS Announces TRINITY, A Smart/Media Phone Platform For Android And Plaszma Operating Systems
ZiiLABS, a media processor and platforms company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Creative Technology, today announced Zii TRINITY, a complete 3.5G/4G smart phone and development platform supporting the Optimized Android and native Linux-based Plaszma operating systems. The Zii TRINITY delivers 1080p high-definition video output and accelerated 3D graphics to enable OEMs and ODMs to quickly and cost effectively bring differentiated Android and Plaszma- based solutions to market.
Zii Optimized Android delivers the familiar Android OS but enhanced to provide a richer Android experience that leverages the capabilities of the ZMS-05's StemCell Computing architecture; including seamless 3D OpenGL ES acceleration and High Definition video. The Plaszma OS enables native Linux based development via a rich set of highly optimized industry standard APIs that leverage a wide range of multimedia CODECs, Web 2.0 browser, 2D and 3D graphics, audio processing and a powerful gesture based user interface.
Advanced multi-format media processing is enabled by ZiiLABS' StemCell Computing array which lies at the heart of ZiiLABS' ZMS-05 and ZMS-08 applications processors, offloading the ARM CPU. Accelerated OpenGL ES 3D graphics enable developers to create rich 3D experiences in the form of enhanced user interfaces, games, etc.
The ZMS-05 media-rich application processor utilizes the StemCell Computing array of 24 fully programmable floating point processing elements to offload media processing from the integrated ARM CPU to deliver high-performance HD video, 2D and 3D graphics and multimedia within a low-power environment. A broad range of peripheral functions and I/Os are integrated on-chip to ease system design and reduce product costs.
Features of the Zii TRINITY 3.5G Concept Phone:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Tri-band WCDMA, HSDPA Cat 8 at 7.2mbps
- Full featured platform featuring ZMS-05 StemCell Processor
- Linux-based Zii Optimized Android and Plaszma Support
- Accelerated OpenGL ES 3D Graphics, Video and Imaging
- 3.1-inch 480x800 16M colour Active Matrix OLED with capacitive multi-touch
- MiniHDMI port for 1080p video output
- Xtreme Fidelity X-Fi audio technology
- 5M pixel rear facing, auto-focus camera
- VGA forward facing camera for video conferencing
- USB 2.0 Micro port for connectivity and charging
- MicroSD storage expansion and SIM card slots
- 256MB low-power DDR memory
- Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR and Hardware GPS
- Composite Video output
- 1130mAH lithium polymer battery
The Zii TRINITY Platform can be supplied to potential cellphone manufacturers as a complete design package including schematics, Gerbers, mechanical drawings, Board Support Package, middleware and OS.
A Zii Development Kit '3G Phone Edition' provides a modular development platform that enables developers the flexibility to innovate around the Zii TRINITY platform to create product solutions based on their own preference of hardware components. The Zii Development Kit supports both the ZMS-05 and the recently announced ZMS-08 processors.
Future versions of the Zii Development Kit Phone Edition will be made available for 4G networks such as WiMAX or LTE.
Source: Creative Technology
Write a comment below. No registration needed!