AMD Introduces Its Fastest Phenom II X4 - 955 Black Edition
There's a new flagship in AMD's desktop series. The Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition that had got cheaper was replaced by Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition. Also, the company introduced Phenom II X4 945 processor.
- X4 955 BE - 3.2 GHz, X4 945 - 3.0 GHz
- L1 - 64KB per core (512KB total), L2 - 512KB per core (2MB total), L3 - 6MB (shared)
- Integrated memory controller with a 128-bit bus, up to 2.0 GHz, Dual Dynamic Power Management, supports unbuffered memory up to PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066 MHz) and PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333 MHz)
- HyperTransport 3.0 - 16-bit, full duplex, 4.0 GHz (2 x 2.0 GHz)
- Total CPU-system throughput up to 37.3 GB/s
- Socket AM3 938-pin micro-PGA package
- Max. temperature 62°C
- 0.875-1.5 V voltage
- Max. TDP 125W
New processor's die is sized about 258mm² housing about 758M transistors. New CPUs are made at GLOBALFOUNDARIES Fab 1 module 1 in Dresden (former AMD Fab 36) according to the 45nm DSL SOI (silicon-on-insulator) process technology.
Working with DDR3-1333, AMD Phenom II support "one DIMM per channel" configurations. A Black Edition product supports software clock rate adjustment of its memory controller, HyperTransport, DDR3 and core.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition costs $245, AMD Phenom II X4 945 costs $225.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!