Toshiba Introduces 160GB 1.8-inch SATA HDD
Toshiba Corporation announced a new line-up of 1.8-inch hard disk drives adopting a serial ATA interface, including the first drive of this type with a capacity of 160 gigabytes. The new 160GB drive, MK1617GSG, and an 80GB drive, MK8017GSG, will enter mass production in August.
Toshiba's new 1.8-inch HDDs boost interface speed to 1.5Gbps and offer a rotation speed of 5,400 rpm, faster than the current generation of Toshiba 1.8-inch HDD (MK1214GAH, parallel ATA, 120GB).
- Industry's largest storage capacity: 160GB (MK1617GSG)
- Improved energy consumption efficiency (MK1617GSG)
- Lighter weight (MK8017GSG)
- Higher rotational speed (MK1617GSG and MK8017GSG)
- High vibration and shock resistance (MK1617GSG and MK8017GSG)
|Number of platters
|Number of heads
|Average seek time
|Dimensions (W x D x H, mm)
||54.0 (W) x 78.5 (D) x 8.0 (H)
|Energy consumption efficiency
||Operating: 4,900 m/s2 (500G, 2msec)
|Non-operating: 14,700m/s2 (1,500G, 1msec)
Source: Toshiba Corporation
Write a comment below. No registration needed!