Microsoft Announces LifeCam VX-5000, LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000
Today, Microsoft announced the LifeCam VX-5000, a webcam with a bendable attachment base that molds to virtually any surface - from a notebook to a desktop - so users can take it anywhere.
For personalized flair, the LifeCam VX-5000 features a brightly colored ring around the front of the webcam in the colors "Cool Blue," "Lucky Green" and "Fire Red," allowing consumers to choose their favorite to suit their style. To complement the look, the LifeCam VX-5000 features MSN Photo Swap, a special feature that lets consumers share digital photos in midvideo conversation and see real-time reactions as both callers view the pictures. The new webcam arrives now to help share summer vacation memories and keep consumers connected throughout the year.
Microsoft is also offering the LifeCam VX-500 and the LifeChat LX-2000 - two affordable products, each with a compact design. The LifeCam VX-500 is a versatile webcam designed to fit on notebooks and desktop PCs. The LifeChat LX-2000 is a full-size headset that folds down into a small, portable shape.
The VX-5000 comes with Windows Live optimizations and the latest version of LifeCam software. Key features and benefits include the following:
- Windows LiveCall Button, located on top of the LifeCam, allows users to open their Contact Picker (a tool showing which contacts are currently online) with one touch, so they can quickly initiate video calls to friends and family.
- LifeCam Dashboard incorporates full LifeCam navigational controls (pan, tilt, zoom, face tracking and Video Effects) within the Windows Live Messenger interface.
- 640x480 video resolution and 1.3-megapixel still photography (interpolated).
- Built-in unidirectional microphone with acoustic noise cancellation.
- Pan, tilt and 3X digital zoom features allow users to adjust the image to see more clearly.
The LifeCam VX-5000 will be available in June 2008 for an estimated retail price of US$49.95. The LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000 will be available in May 2008 for the following estimated retail prices:
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-500, US$16.95
- Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000, US$29.95
The LifeCam VX-5000 and LifeChat LX-2000 are available for pre-sale on Amazon.com, and all three products will be backed worldwide by a three-year limited hardware warranty from Microsoft.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!