Lenovo Delivers Ultraportable ThinkPad X300 Notebook PC
Lenovo today unveiled its ThinkPad X300 notebook PC designed for today's most demanding road warriors and claimed to be the thinnest and lightest full-function notebook in its class. The ultra-thin, ultraportable ThinkPad X300 notebook measures less than three-fourths of an inch at its thinnest point, or approximately the height of a U.S. quarter coin, and has a starting weight as low as 2.9 pounds.
The ThinkPad X300 combines a number of innovations such as solid-state drive storage, a LED backlit display, ultralong battery life and enhanced wireless connectivity. Rated Gold by the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) for its environmental attributes, it also features a number of environmentally-conscious technologies, such as low-voltage processors.
The ThinkPad X300 notebook PC offers models that can be configured for extreme portability starting at just 2.9 pounds, or maximum battery life of up to 10 hours or a balance between the two with a built-in DVD burner.
- Expanded Multimedia: The ThinkPad X300 notebook offers an optional built-in 7-millimeter slim DVD burner for easy, flexible, on-the-go multimedia capabilities. It also includes stereo speakers, a digital microphone and an integrated camera.
- Extreme Durability: Constructed with advanced carbon and glass fiber, the ThinkPad X300 notebook's Next Generation ThinkPad Roll Cage helps protect the notebook from falls and drops. These same materials are used in building airplanes and Formula One race cars to help reinforce their structure without adding additional weight.
- Ultimate Wireless Connectivity: Users have a variety of connectivity options at their fingertips including models designed for WiMax, when the technology becomes available, as well as ultra-wideband/wireless USB, WWAN, WLAN and GB Ethernet.
- Simple Navigation: Built-in GPS functionality allows mobile users to navigate by helping them to connect to popular mapping programs.
- Clearer, Crisper Viewing Experience: The notebook's 13.3-inch LED backlight WXGA+ high resolution display provides brighter and more energy-efficient performance than LCD displays.
- Enterprise-Level Security: Equipped standard with an integrated fingerprint reader, I/O port disablement and 32-byte password protection, the notebook offers a layered security approach to help protect data and unauthorized access.
- Enhanced Performance and Data Protection: The notebook comes equipped with a 1.8-inch 64 GB SSD that provides more than twice the performance of a regular 2.5-inch hard drive. With no moving parts, the technology offers more than four times greater shock resistance as well as greater energy efficiency than traditional hard disk drives and contributes to the notebook's thin and light design. The notebook also comes with the latest Intel Centrino with vPro technology, up to 4 GB memory and Lenovo's ThinkVantage Technologies.
The ThinkPad X300 notebook starts at approximately $2,799. It is available immediately through Lenovo business partners and www.lenovo.com.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!