Livescribe Unveils Pulse Smartpen and Developer Program
Livescribe founder and CEO Jim Marggraff unveiled a new category of consumer electronics on Tuesday with the introduction of Pulse, the world's first smartpen.
The Pulse smartpen from Livescribe is a computer within a pen that captures handwriting and simultaneously records audio and synchronizes it to the writing. Users can simply tap on their notes to replay what was recorded from the exact moment they were writing, so they never miss a word they hear, write, or speak. Further, the smartpen is a general purpose computer with rich I/O capabilities and a Java development environment that enables a wide range of applications.
The Pulse smartpen is available for preorder at www.livescribe.com and will arrive on doorsteps in March. Key features with every Pulse smartpen purchase include:
- Pulse Smartpen - With a sleek, ergonomic design and charcoal blue anodized aluminum housing, the smartpen weighs in at just 1.3 ounces. Pulse is available in two models. Priced at $149, the 1GB model provides storage for recorded audio (over 100 hours), digital notes (over 16,000 pages), or add-on applications. At $199, the 2GB model doubles the storage capacity and provides more flexibility for downloading future applications.
- Paper Replay - Pulse's core application enables users to record and sync audio with whatever they write, so they never miss a word. With Paper Replay, users can tap on their notes written on paper to hear exactly what was said. They can also fast forward, rewind, jump ahead, pause, and even speed up or slow down their audio recordings using controls printed on the bottom of each page.
- Smartpen Technology - The Pulse smartpen is a sophisticated mobile computer that includes: a high speed infrared camera with a Dot Positioning System (DPS); rechargeable lithium battery; high contrast display for easy indoor/outdoor viewing; dual microphones for clear recording and noise cancellation; an embedded speaker and an audio jack for Livescribe's 3D Recording Headset.
- Dot Paper Notebook - The nearly-invisible micro dots printed on notebook pages tell the Pulse smartpen exactly where a user is writing or tapping. The Dot Positioning System enables not only printed controls for recording and playback on each page, but also paper-based applications including a full-function calculator on the inside front cover of every notebook. Additional notebooks will be available for purchase at prices comparable to ordinary paper notebooks. Users can also print dot paper for free on qualified laser jet printers beginning in April.
- 3D Recording Headset - Livescribe has created a revolutionary 3D Recording Headset. Each earbud has an embedded microphone that creates a new standard in recording quality in large rooms or noisy environments.
- USB Mobile Charging Cradle - This light weight magnetic cradle connects the Pulse smartpen to the PC to recharge, transfer digital ink and audio, and install new applications.
- Livescribe Desktop Software - The digital hub for notes and audio, Livescribe Desktop allows users to store, replay, and search for words within their handwritten notes on their PC.
- Additional Applications - Users can customize their Pulse with additional applications - ranging from language learning to productivity tools to games - via download from www.livescribe.com.
- Complete specs
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!