HP Blackbird 002 Now Available with New Intel Quad Core Technology
HP today announced the immediate availability of HP Blackbird 002 alpha, a special edition version of its flagship gaming system with the new Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 quad core processor.
Based on the new Intel Core microarchitecture, the processors use Intel's Hafnium-based high-k metal gate (Hi-k) formula for the hundreds of millions of transistors inside these processors. The Intel Core 2 Extreme is also manufactured on the company's 45-nanometer (nm) manufacturing process, further boosting performance and lowering power consumption. Combining these two advancements with new processor features enables faster and more energy-efficient processors that are better for the environment. The technology improves performance on games like Half Life 2 Lost Coast and Quake 4 and gives gamers the extra power they need to play tomorrow's multithreaded games.
The 45nm Hi-K Silicon metal gate technology represents a leap in technology with more transistors in a smaller space and a larger L2 cache for increased energy efficiency.
Priced at $5,499, the special edition system is available for purchase today at www.hp.com/blackbird and includes:
- ASUS Maximus Formula with Intel X38 Express chipset
- Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 Quad- Core 3.0GHz processor
- 1,100-watt Power Supply
- Dual ATI RADEON X2900 XT 1 gigabyte (GB), with 1 GB of GDDR4 SDRAM
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
- 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) 1,066 MHz CORSAIR PC2-8500 DDR2 SDRAM SLI Ready
- 160 GB 10,000 rpm SATA and 500 GB 7,200 rpm SATA(2)
- Two drives: 16x Combo and 16x DVD r/w
- Creative Audio Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional
- Ageia PhysX 100 Series PCI-E GFX Accelerator Card
- Factory Sealed Liquid-cooled CPU
- 15-in-1 card reader
- Voodoo keyboard and Mouse by Razor
The Voodoo OMEN systems are also available immediately with Intel's quad core technology. More information is available at www.voodoopc.com.
Source: High Road Communications
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!