Pioneer Introduces DJM-700 DJ Mixer
Pioneer Electronics (USA)'s Pro Audio and Video Division introduced the DJM-700, which joins the ranks of the DJM-1000 and DJM-800, and further adds 96kHz / 24-bit full-digital outputs for the high sound quality, effect frequency filter, assignable MIDI and various audio effects.
The DJM-700’s high quality construction follows the same cues as its DJM-1000/DJM-800 predecessors by utilizing a high-rigidity chassis that minimizes noise from unnecessary vibration as well as a dual shield structure to eliminate entry of digital noise and full balanced output circuitry. Internally, the DJM-700 sound quality is re-enforced with a high quality 96kHz / 24-bit digital sampling system. Analog signals from the player pass through the mixer at the shortest signal route, digitized by 96kHz / 24-bit high quality sound A/D converter. The mixing is carried out by a 32-bit DSP.
The Pioneer DJM-700 is the first mixer to include an Effect Frequency Filter that allows the user to limit the frequency bands subjected to effects. Conventional effectors are limited to manipulating the entire frequency range, whereas the Effect Frequency Filter now expands the user’s ability to showcase their own mixing style.
The DJM-700 mixer also utilizes the same manual filter found on the DJM-800. The manual filter enables more intuitive settings for multi-layered effects expanding the DJs creativity with their music. Combining multi-effect options such as the Beat Effect, along with the manual filter allows for a wider range of DJ style and expression.
The DJM-700 also features multiple effects that can be synced with its tempo (beat) capabilities:
- Beat Effect: Pioneered from the DJM-600, the beat effect has evolved into a 96kHz / 24-bit high performance effect in the DJM-700. The mixer automatically detects the tempo, also known as beat per minute (BPM), of the tune so the effects are aligned with the beat. The DJM-700 enables various effects such as delay, echo, trans, filter, flanger, phaser, reverb, robot and crush.
- Roll Sampler: The DJM-700 incorporates a new roll sampler with a 96kHz / 24-bit output which enables the user real-time sampling of sounds. Four patterns of sampling are available which includes roll, reverse roll, pitch up roll and pitch down roll.
- Beat Select Buttons: The mixer incorporates two beat select buttons letting the user quickly select the effect timing to maintain synchronization between the beat effects and audio.
DJs with external equipment such as DJ Effectors or DJ software applications that support MIDI control can rely on the DJM-700 to work in unison. Many of the dials and switch information of the DJM-700 can be converted to MIDI signal format. Up to 49 keys are assignable providing complete control of MIDI devices directly from the mixer with complete synchronicity.
- Digital Output Terminal: Outputs 96kHz / 24-bit sampling rate for highest quality sound
- Cross Fader Assign: Each channel of the mixer can be assigned to the cross fader
- 3-Band Equalizer: A built-in equalizer on each channel enables level control within a –26 dB to +6 dB range for high, mid and low bands, respectively.
- Fader Curve Adjust: The user can change the cross fader/channel fader curve
- Talk Over: The mixer automatically lowers track volume when it senses a vocal input on the microphone
- Peak Level Meter: A peak level located on the top right of the mixer shows input levels from each channel
- Fader Start: With Pioneer CDJ products, the fader can automatically start the players by simply sliding the cross fader or channel fader
The DJM-700 will be available in September 2007 with a suggested price of $1299.
- Number of Channels: 4
- Input Terminal: CD / LINE x 5(RCA), PHONO x 3(RCA), MIC x 2(XLR x 1, 1/4 inch PHONE x 1)
- Output Terminal: MASTER OUT x 2(RCA x 1, XLR x 1), BOOTH OUT x 1(RCA), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 1(TOP PANEL 1/4 inch PHONE x 1), REC OUT x 1(RCA), DIGITAL OUT x 1(COAXIAL)
- Other Terminal: SEND x 1(1/4 inch PHONE), RETURN x 1(1/4 inch PHONE), MIDIOUT x 1(5P DIN), CONTROL OUT(3.5MINI JACK) x 2
- Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- A/D, D/A Converter: 24-bit
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005 % or less
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 104 dB (LINE)
- Head Room: 19 dB
- Power Requirements: AC 120V (60 Hz)
- Power Consumption: 34W
- Dimensions (without package): 320 mm (W) x 378.4 mm (D) x 107.9 mm (H)
- Weight (without package): 6.6 kg
Source: Pioneer Electronics
Write a comment below. No registration needed!