Seagate Introduces New Rugged SATA Hard Drive
Seagate Technology extended its portfolio of rugged storage products with the launch of the second-generation Seagate EE25 Series HDD. The 2.5-inch EE25.2 is designed for the growing digital storage needs of extreme environment applications, delivering up to 80GB of reliable storage to the hostile temperature, vibration, humidity, shock and altitude conditions. In addition, Seagate is bringing the SATA interface to extreme environment applications.
The EE25 Series drives support a wide range of applications, including:
- Entertainment, information and navigation systems for commercial aircraft, automobiles and marine vessels;
- Ruggedized PCs;
- Equipment exposed to a range of vibration and temperature extremes;
- Commercial/industrial control systems; and
- Mobile or remote CCTV systems.
The EE25.2 hard drive specs:
- Operating temperature range of -30 to +85 degrees Celsius (-22 to +185 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Operates at 5,000 meters (16,400 feet) above sea level, as high as the famed Ticlo mountain pass in Peru - its predecessor, the EE25.1, has been proven in multiple expeditions to Mount Everest and other major summits.
- Vibration tolerance of 150 Gs at 11 milliseconds.
- Continuous operation in 90% humidity.
The EE25 is backed by Seagate's five-year warranty.
Source: Seagate Technology
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!