LaCie Delivers 4TB Network RAID For Small Business IT and Workgroups
LaCie announced it has boosted capacity of its Ethernet Disk RAID to 4TB in a single solution. LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID is intended for small business and workgroups. It's powered by a 400MHz Intel 80219 processor and is a complete Windows data backup solution with advanced recovery features such as remote booting.
The LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID offers improved security for archived data when configured to RAID 5 + spare thanks to automatic disk rebuilding. It can also be used as an FTP server. For more ease of use, it offers UPnP discovery for automatic recognition on the network. The LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID supports Active Directory by working as a client member in a Windows domain to easily view domain users and groups.
LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID includes full-featured Windows Backup & Recovery Software for automatic incremental backups from localized client machines. If a machine fails, the user can boot into Windows over the network and continue working while their system is being rebuilt. LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID offers a full set of user/group management tools for creating specialized access privileges for each workgroup or user, and an email notification feature will keep them informed of basic activity, backup jobs and critical system errors.
LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID includes 4 hot-swappable disks, and 2 x USB 2.0 ports. Itís also equipped with 2 x Gigabit LAN ports for setting up a DHCP server with auto-IP assignment and creating a local Gigabit network.
The LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID 4TB is available in June at the suggested retail price of $2,999. The 1TB and 2TB models are currently available as well (see below). Disks ship with all cables necessary for immediate use.
- Item Number: 301236U
- Capacity: 4 TB
- Interface: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
- Rotational Speed (rpm): 7200
- Cache Size: 8MB or greater
- Expansion Ports: 2 x Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Processor/RAM: 400MHz Intel processor 80219 / DDR 256MB
- Network Protocols: CIFS/SMB, FTP, NFS
- Network Service: DHCP client/server (default is DHCP client)
- System Power: 200W PSU
- Fan: Yes
- Client Compatibility: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, WIndows Vista / Mac OS X or higher (compatible through SMB, AFP not supported; not compatible with the backup software) / Linux 2.6 or higher
- Operating System: Linux 2.6
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.3 x 8.42 x 9.6 in. / 160 x 214 x 243 mm
- Weight: 12 lbs. / 5.45 kg
- Software: Windows Client Backup and Recovery (Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003); IP Configurator
- Box contents: LaCie Ethernet Disk RAID with 4 hard disks in trays; Ethernet cable & power cord; Utilities CD-ROM: Windows Backup & Recovery Software**, User Manual; Restore CD; Quick Install Guide
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!