AMD Introduces Imageon Media Processors
AMD introduced the AMD Imageon 2298, 2294 and 2192 media processors, offering faster, high-resolution image processing, DVD-quality video and high-definition audio for mobile multimedia devices.
Specific features of the latest AMD Imageon media processors include:
- Faster, high-resolution image processing supports up to 12 Mpixel camera functions
- DVD-Quality video playback and recording with stabilization for a high-quality, camcorder-like experience
- High-definition audio
- TV output allows viewing of videos and photos on any TV or projector
- Mobile TV capability for watching digital TV programs on the go
- Video telephony with echo cancellation and image stabilization
- Video transcoding converts to various video formats and adjusts frame rate for over-the-air video messaging
- Error resiliency compensates for transmission errors to help provide seamless over-the-air video quality.
Thanks to the flexible device design of Imageon media processors, manufacturers can quickly upgrade, because the media processor is separated from baseband (RF) functions. This architecture not only enables faster time to market, it also helps reduce power consumption as well as design costs and eliminate unnecessary requalification of the baseband with each feature upgrade, thereby saving time and money for manufacturers.
AMD Imageon 2298, 2294 and 2192 media processors are now available to handheld manufacturers. Mobile devices based on these new processors are expected to start shipping from OEMs worldwide by early next year.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!