SanDisk And Sony Develop 'Memory Stick PRO-HG' Format
SanDisk Corporation and Sony Corporation announced the development of the “Memory Stick PRO-HG” format expanded from the “Memory Stick PRO” format.
“Memory Stick PRO-HG” media format uses an enhanced, 8-bit parallel interface in addition to a conventional serial and 4-bit parallel interface. The interface clock frequency also increases to 60MHz from 40MHz. This means that maximum data transfer speed increases up to 480Mbps, or 60MB/s (theoretical value), three times as fast as that of “Memory Stick PRO” media. The minimum write speed at 8-bit parallel transfer is 120 Mbps, or 15MB/s.
Since “Memory Stick PRO-HG” is an extended format of the “Memory Stick PRO” format, “Memory Stick PRO-HG” compliant host devices support the conventional “Memory Stick PRO” media as well as “Memory Stick PRO-HG” media. In addition, the “Memory Stick PRO-HG” media can be used conventional “Memory Stick PRO” compliant host devices as well as “Memory Stick PRO-HG” compliant host devices.
Licensing for the development of “Memory Stick PRO-HG” compliant host devices is scheduled to commence in January 2007.
The Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media will be made available in 2007.
- Dimensions: Duo size (31 x 20 x 1.6) mm
- Connector Pin: 14-pin
- Capacity: 32GB (theoretical maximum)
- Max. Data Transfer Rate: 480 Mbps (theoretical)
- Min. Write Speed: 120 Mbps (As of 8-bit parallel transfer)
- 40 Mbps (As of 4-bit parallel transfer)
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 to 3.6 V
- Interface: 8-bit / 4-bit parallel I/F and Serial I/F
- Max. Clock frequency: 60MHz
- Copyright Protection Technology: MagicGate
Write a comment below. No registration needed!