Samsung Presents 'Ultra' Novelties At ITU Telecom World 2006
Samsung Electronics today unveiled three new additions to its Ultra portfolio: Ultra Music, Ultra Video, and Ultra Messaging.
The Samsung Ultra Music is a music player equipped with digital power amp offering dedicated music user interface that makes it easy to navigate through the song list. Additionally, it has a stereo FM radio and a Quick PC Sync allowing users to create a music library and play lists. Ultra Music still has all the extra features consumers have come to expect, including a 2.0 megapixel camera, long-lasting battery life and Bluetooth. On one side of the player is a large, clear screen with a sweep touch key that makes navigation intuitive. On the other side is the fully functional phone that can be used while listening to music.
The Samsung Ultra Video is the personal multimedia device. It is the first phone to support the DivX codec, allowing users to view a large array of video content including MPEG-4, H.264, WMV and AVI files. It also has a PMP function with wide 2.4" screen as well as a 2.0 megapixel camera. Like the Ultra Music, the player's got dual faces - one side is a phone while the other contains a large screen and intuitive controls for multimedia. It has a swivel design for multimedia content. The screen swivels away from the controls to adjust the viewing angle or form a stand to place the device down. It has an internal memory of 400 MBs and the memory is expandable up to 2GBs using the microSD card.
Finally, Samsung Ultra Messaging powered by Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0, is the first 3G smartphone with HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) support. Measuring 11.8mm and weighing 99g, the Samsung Ultra Messaging i600 is the thinnest 3G smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard.
The Samsung Ultra Messaging i600 is the first smartphone in Asia Pacific and Europe that supports the HSDPA network for faster data transfer speeds, as well as seamless communications through high-speed connectivity via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.0 EDR. It is also the first smartphone to support web applications such as podcasting and RSS Feeder.
A key feature of the Ultra Messaging i600 is its QWERTY keyboard with wheel key, designed for composing messages or e-mails. In addition to this, the customized thumbwheel simplifies navigation. Running on Windows Mobile 5.0 with Direct Push Technology, the Ultra Messaging i600 instantly updates Microsoft Office Outlook's Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks when synchronised with Exchange Server 2003. In addition to its push email capability, users can view Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and image formats including BMP, JPEG and GIF with Picsel Viewer.
With two integrated digital cameras (1.3 megapixels in the back and VGA in the front), users can also conduct 3G video calls from the phone.
Samsung Ultra Messaging i600 users can listen to stereo-quality music and view video clips with Windows Media Player 10 Mobile and a Bluetooth stereo headset. Internet browsing rivals the PC experience due to the device's large 2.3" high-quality color screen and wireless broadband capabilities. The Samsung Ultra Messaging i600 also includes a speakerphone, built-in voice recognition and support for a 1.3 megapixel digital camera that can record video.
Built-in Pocket MSN offers consumers the consistent and familiar user experience that they currently enjoy with MSN Messenger on their desktops. With this offering, users will automatically have a separate Inbox for Hotmail messages on their device. They will also be able to view their buddy list and chat instantly with their contacts, whenever and wherever they want.
Ultra Music F300 Specifications
- Standard: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800/1900MHz)
- Camera: 2-Megapixel Camera
- Display: 262144 Color TFT Screen (2.1",176x220)
- Features: Dual Face & Sweeping Touch UI; Music Library (ID3 Tag Support); Multi-Format Music Support (MP3,AAC,AAC+,e-AAC+,WMA); Music Download (WMDRM/MTP); Multi-Format Video Support (MPEG4,H.263); Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile (A2DP); Stereo FM Radio; Bluetooth v2.0 / USB 2.0
- Memory: Internal 100 MB + microSD (up to 2GB)
- Size: 103.5 x 44 x 9.4mm
Ultra Video F500 Specifications
- Standard: UMTS, GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800/1900MHz)
- Camera: 2-Megapixel Camera
- Display: 262144 Color TFT Screen (2.4",240x320)
- Features: Dual Face & Sweeping Touch UI; Multi-Format Music Support (MP3,AAC,AAC+,e-AAC+,WMA); Multi-Format Video Support (DivX,MPEG4,H.264,WMV); Music & Video Download (WMDRM/MTP, DivX DRM, OMA DRM); Landscape View (Self-Standing Swivel Design); Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile (A2DP); Bluetooth v1.2 / USB 2.0
- Memory: Internal 400 MB + microSD (up to 2GB)
- Size: 116.4 x 50.4 x 10.7mm
Ultra Messaging i600 Specifications
- Standard: HSDPA / UMTS, GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- Camera: 1.3 Megapixel Camera and VGA Camera for Video Telephony
- Display: 65536-Color TFT Screen (2.3",320x240)
- Features: Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone; Multi-Format Music & Video Support; Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile (A2DP); WLAN (802.11b/g); QWERTY Keyboard; Push E-mail; Web Applications: RSS Reader, Pod-Casting; Bluetooth v2.0 EDR (A2DP, AVRCP) / USB 1.1
- Memory: External Memory: microSD; ROM 128MB / RAM 64MB
- Size: 113 x 59 x 11.8mm
- Weight: 99 g
Source: Samsung Electronics
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!