Intel Unveils Quad-Core Xeon 5300 and Core 2 Extreme Processors
Intel Corporation yesterday unveiled Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300 and Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor families.
Four Intel Xeon processors were launched at clock speeds ranging from 1.60GHz to 2.66GHz, with front side bus speeds ranging from 1066MHz to 1333MHz, and thermal design power (TDP) of either 80 watts or a performance-optimized 120 watt option. In the first quarter next year, Intel will launch two more quad-core Xeon processors – a low-voltage version for ultra-dense deployments with a TDP of only 50 watts and a processor designed for single-socket workstations and servers.
The Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor QX6700 is available at 2.66GHz with a 1066MHz FSB. It runs on Intel’s existing 975X Express chipset family.
The company plans to offer a mainstream quad-core processor starting in the first quarter next year under the Intel Core 2 Quad processor brand name.
Pricing and availability:
- Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor X5355 2.66GHz 1333MHz 8MB 120W - $1172
- Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5345 2.33GHz 1333MHz 8MB 80W - $851
- Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5320 1.86GHz 1066MHz 8MB 80W - $690
- Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5310 1.60GHz 1066MHz 8MB 80W - $455
- Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor QX6700 2.66GHz 1066MHz 8MB 130W - $999
Source: Intel Corporation
Write a comment below. No registration needed!