VIA Launches PCI Express Chipset For VIA Processor Platforms
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA CN800 digital media IGP chipset, an integrated core logic solution that offers PCI Express and DDR2 memory support, as well as a host of digital media features including the VIA UniChrome Pro graphics IGP with hardware MPEG-2 playback, DuoView+ for dual monitor output, VIA V4 bus. The novelty is designed as the companion chipset for the world's first carbon-free processor, the VIA C7-D processor.
When combined with the VIA VT8237R Plus South Bridge, the VIA CN800 offers a range of integrated storage, multimedia and connectivity options, that includes native Parallel and Serial ATA, multiple configuration V-RAID, VIA Vinyl Multi-channel Audio, 8 x USB2.0 ports and Gigabit Ethernet with the VIA Velocity controller.
The VIA CN800 digital media IGP chipset will be available this month in volume quantities.
- Supports x16 PCI Express and x1 PCI Express ports
- Supports up to 4GB DDR2 533/400MHz or DDR400/333/266MHz SDRAM
- 533 MB/sec 8-bit V-Link Host Controller supporting V-Map Modular Architecture
- Chromotion CE Video Display engine: MPEG-2 Decoder; Video De-blocking; Adaptive De-Interlace; DuoView+; Full HDTV support up to 1080i / 720p
- Optimized Unified memory Architecture (UMA)
- Integrated VIA UniChrome Pro IGP Graphics core
- 12-bit DVI transmitter
- 24-bit Flat Panel Display Interface and Dual 12-bit Flat Panel Display Interface
- 12-bit interface to external TV encoder for SDTV and HDTV display
- Support for VIA Vinyl Gold 8-channel HD Audio Controller & integrated VIA Vinyl 6-channel HD Audio
- Serial ATA support for up to 2 devices
- Integrated V-RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 0+1*, and JBOD (SATA) support
- Parallel ATA133/100/66 support for up to 4 devices
- Support for up to 8 USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports
- Support for VIA Velocity Gigabit Ethernet companion controller & integrated 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
- Advanced System Power Management Support
Source: VIA Technologies
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!