LaCie Expands SAFE Biometric Hard Drive Range
LaCie announced it has expanded its range of LaCie SAFE Hard Drives to include a desktop edition with enhanced security features. The new LaCie SAFE Hard Drive comes in capacities of 160GB, 320GB or 500GB with a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. Enhanced security features include an internal drive lock and an external port for attaching an optional chain lock.
In addition to biometric access control via a simple fingerprint swipe, LaCie SAFE Desktop & Mobile Hard Drives now come with internal firmware called “Drive Lock” that prevents data from being accessed if removed from the case and plugged in to another machine. Desktop editions also include a secure chain lock port for attaching the SAFE hard drive to a desk to prevent theft (chain available separately from LaCie).
Up to 10 fingerprints and up to five users can be registered with personal and customized access privileges such as full access to the drive (read/write) or read-only. Once registered, a simple finger swipe locks and unlocks the drive if users need to step away from their desk for a meeting or to run an errand.
LaCie SAFE Hard Drives are available for pre-order immediately via LaCie websites and available via LaCie’s specialized dealer network in September. Drives ship with LaCie 1-Click Backup Software for PC/Mac and full-featured LaCie SilverKeeper Backup Software for Mac OS X.
- LaCie SAFE Hard Drive 160GB 7200rpm 8MB $149.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Hard Drive 320GB 7200rpm 16MB $229.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Hard Drive 500GB 7200rpm 16MB $299.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Mobile Hard Drive 40GB 5400rpm $99.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Mobile Hard Drive 80GB 5400rpm $169.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Mobile Hard Drive 120GB 4200rpm $279.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Mobile Hard Drive with Encryption 80GB 5400rpm $219.99 USD
- LaCie SAFE Mobile Hard Drive with Encryption 120GB 4200rpm $299.99 USD
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!