Canon's EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS 400D DIGITAL To Be Available In September
Canon BeBit website was updated with information regarding the new Canon Digital Rebel XTi / EOS 400D digital SLR camera that is to arrive in September 2006.
According to that information, the novelty has a newly designed 10.1 MP CMOS sensor, 2.5-inch LCD monitor, the proprietary EOS Integrated Cleaning System and Canon's Picture Style technology.
The Self Cleaning Sensor Unit vibrates the low-pass filter to remove dust particles from it. Though cleaning can be manually selected by menu, automatic cleaning by ultrasonic vibration of the LPF is activated for about one second when the power is turned on or off. As shooting priority occurs on start-up, pressing the shutter button disables the self-cleaning operation and returns the camera to shooting mode. Additionally, by targeting image data for leftover dust after cleaning, the Dust Delete Function within the bundled software can be used after shooting to remove dust spots that may remain on the captured image.
Speaking of user interface, the camera features new display button ("DISP."), power lamp, Display Off Sensor, and improved information display. Replacing the previous information button, the display button verifies camera setting and shooting data. A new ON/OFF function for the button simplifies operation while saving energy. Another energy-saving feature is the power lamp, which in a glance reveals the startup state, even when the LCD monitor is off. And if monitor glare is annoying when looking through the viewfinder, you'd appreciate the Display Off Sensor. Located under the eyepiece, it detects the approach of your face and turns off the LCD.
The camera comes bundled with the EOS DIGITAL Solution disk and applications like Digital Photo Professional (DPP) with Dust Delete Function and Zoom/Image Browser. DPP 2.2 now uses dust delete data of an image to locate specified dust spots and automatically erase. RGB Tone Curve Assist Function has an enhanced high mode. Noise reduction settings are expanded to include JPEG images as well as RAW.
- Recording media: Type I or II CF card; compatible with Microdrive and 2GB or larger CF cards
- Image sensor: 22.2 x 14.8mm; 10.10 effective megapixels / 10.50 total megapixels
- File size: up to 3.8MB (3888 x 2592 pixels; Large/Fine setting)
- Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Video Out (NTSC/PAL)
- Metering modes: 35-zone TTL full aperture metering (Evaluative metering (linkable to any AF point), Partial metering (approx. 9% of viewfinder at center), Center-weighted average metering)
- ISO speed: Basic Zone modes: ISO 100 - 400 set automatically; Creative Zone modes: Equivalent to ISO 100 - 1600 (in 1-stop increments)
- Shutter: Electronically-controlled, focal-plane shutter; 1/4000 to 30 sec. (1/3- and 1/2-stop increments), bulb, X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- LCD Monitor: 2.5" TFT; 230,000 pixels, approx. 100% coverage, 160° viewing angle
- Startup time: approx. 0.2 sec.
- Dimensions: 126.5 x 94.2 x 65 mm / 5.0 x 3.7 x 2.6 in.
- Weight: approx. 510 g / 18 oz. (body only)
The complete specifications can be found here.
Source: Canon BeBit
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!