Intel Unveils New Dual-Core Itanium 2
Intel Corporation unveiled five new products in the Dual-Core Intel Itanium 2 Processor 9000 series (more than 1.7 billion transistors). Previously codenamed “Montecito,” the new processors improve performance per watt by 2.5 times compared to existing, single-core versions. All server-maker members of the Itanium Solutions Alliance (ISA) will launch new Dual-Core Intel Itanium 2 Processor 9000 series-based products.
The flagship 9050 model features two complete processing cores and nearly triples the cache or memory reservoir versus Intel’s previous generation. It also can execute four instructions or threads per processor enhanced by Intel’s Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology).
Supporting the Dual-Core Intel Itanium 2 processor 9000 series are two rack-optimized Intel server systems: SR870BH2 and SR870BN4. These are available today to OEMs and systems integrators for enterprise and high-performance computing.
Intel dual- and single-core Itanium 2 processors are shipping today with systems coming available in late August and growing throughout the year.
- Dual-Core Itanium 2 processor 9050 1.6GHz 24M 533/400 MHz $3692
- Dual-Core Itanium 2 processor 9040 1.6GHz 18M 533/400 MHz $1980
- Dual-Core Itanium 2 processor 9030 1.6GHz 8M 533/400 MHz $1552
- Dual-Core Itanium 2 processor 9020 1.42GHz 12M 533/400 MHz $910
- Dual-Core Itanium 2 processor 9015 1.4GHz 12M 400 MHz $749
- Itanium 2 processor (single core) 9010 1.6GHz 6M 533/400 MHz $696
Source: Intel Corporation
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!