RightMark CPU Clock Utility 2.1 Released
RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a small GUI application designed for real-time CPU frequency, throttling and load level monitoring and on-the-fly adjustment of the CPU performance level on supported CPU models via processor's power management model-specific registers (MSRs). In automatic management mode it continuously monitors the CPU usage level and dynamically adjusts the CPU frequency, throttle and/or voltage level as needed, realizing the "Performance on Demand" concept.
Changes to this version include (in reverse chronological order):
- Added battery life time and battery charging time estimation.
- Extended range of performance/power saving preference levels.
- Added option to display CPU load meter or CPU load graph icon.
- Fixed handling of Windows power management settings.
- Fixed hiding of Windows power icon when the power source changes.
- Fixed Intel Centrino platform chipset-based throttling settings.
- New design of battery level icon.
- Fixed battery level icon indication when battery life time info is unavailable.
- Added option to hide battery icon when on AC power and fully charged.
- Replaced CPU load meter icon with a CPU load graph icon.
- Changed CPU throttle output format in log file.
- Fixed Intel Centrino platform settings availability.
- Fixed tray icons operation with nonstandard Windows shells.
- Added option for the way of multi-core CPU load determination.
- Added option for the CPU performance states transitions method (single-step or multi-step).
- Fixed saving of some Centrino platform settings.
- Added preliminary support for Intel Core 2 CPU family.
- Added frequency icon units (MHz/GHz) selection.
- Added battery info page and battery status icon.
- Extended control/refresh intervals range (registry tweak).
- Fixed AltVID Change Enable issues on AMD K8 revision E platforms.
- Added AltVID stabilization time auto-adjust feature for AMD K8 rev. E platforms.
- Unlocked complete range of AltVID settings for AMD K8 rev. E platforms.
- Added option to show/hide main window button in Windows taskbar.
- Added new default P-states tables for most AMD K8 CPUs.
- Fixed saving of CPU info files and/or monitoring logs in a proper directory.
- Added new Intel logos for nearly all Intel CPUs.
- Modified P-states selection behavior (removed multiple states selection warning) for "Power Saving" and "Maximum Performance" profiles.
- Added option to enable/disable profiles selection with left-clicking main tray icon.
- Fixed occasional lockups at "multiple refresh" condition possible to occur when the system is under high load.
- Fixed Windows Power Management special cases handling (when Suspend or Hibernate states are not allowed).
- Fixed occasional lockups at program startup on AMD dual-core platforms.
- Added proper VIDs table for AMD Turion CPUs.
- Added unlocking FIDs, VIDs and TM2 target programming (as registry tweaks).
- Added Intel Centrino (ICH4/ICH6/ICH7) CPU thermal and normal throttling settings.
- Replaced animated icons for "Performance on Demand" profile with better looking ones.
- Implemented Master P-States table feature (shared by all profiles).
- Added VIA C7 PowerSaver technology support.
- Fixed bugs in Transmeta CPU support.
- Added CPUID check so that the profile settings won't load if the CPU mismatch is detected.
The release has also been bugfixed already:
- Solved problems with changing display mode when the utility is running.
- Application settings saving on Windows session ending.
The new version is available for downloading here.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!