VIA Delivers Its First Single-Chipset Solution For UMPCs
VIA Technologies announced the VIA VX700 chipset to build on the success of the VIA Ultra Mobile platform in UMPC devices, enabling reduction of mobile form factors by up to 40%.
Designed specifically for today's ultra thin'n'light notebooks and ultra mobile devices, the VIA VX700 integrates all the features of a modern chipset's North and South bridges, including graphics, HD audio, and DDR2 and SATA II support, into a single, compact and power-efficient package measuring just 35mmx35mm.
The VIA VX700 is based on a power-efficient architecture that enables integration into a compact package with a maximum power envelope of 3.5 watts. A number of power management technologies are incorporated to monitor activity and dynamically control power according to system load requirements.
The VIA VX700 utilizes the VIA UniChrome Pro Integrated Graphics Processor (IGP) with an internal data flow equivalent to the AGP 8X graphics cards, a 200MHz 2D/3D graphics engine and features dedicated 128-bit data paths for pixel data flow and texture/command access. The VIA UniChrome Pro IGP graphics core also features the Chromotion video engine supporting MPEG-2 decoding and Adaptive De-Interlacing and Video Deblocking.
Click to enlarge
Features of VIA VX700:
- Processor Support: VIA C7-M and VIA C7-M ULV processors
- Front Side Bus: 533/400MHz
- Memory Support: DDR2-533/400/333 or DDR400/333
- Max Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Core: VIA UniChrome Pro
- Hardware Video Acceleration: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9 HD
- HDTV Support: Yes
- LVDS/DVI Transmitter: Yes
- Dual Monitor Support: Yes
- Video De-blocking: Yes
- Hardware Display Rotation: Yes
- High Definition Audio: Yes
- USB 2.0: 6 ports
- PCI Devices/Slots: 4 Slots
- Serial ATA: 2 x SATA 150 devices or 2 x SATA II devices
- IDE: 1 x EIDE channel, up to 2 devices
The VIA VX700 is expected to be available in volume quantities later in Q3 2006.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!