Palm Reveals Treo 700p EvDO Smartphone
Palm today announced the Palm Treo 700p smartphone, which is the first Palm OS CDMA-based Treo smartphone to offer the EvDO (Evolution Data Optimized) network.
Pricing and availability for the Palm Treo 700p smartphone will be announced later by Sprint and Verizon Wireless.
Besids EvDO, the novelty offers the following features: built-in dial-up networking (by using the smartphone as a wireless modem via USB or Bluetooth), 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder, 128MB of memory (60MB user available; in addition to SD cards).
Other features include:
- Personalized ringtones and the ability to ignore a call with text messaging;
- New voice-memo application
- Better Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 ActiveSync support: contact sync in addition to email and calendar, as well as threaded SMS/MMS messages in a single chat view and out-of-the-box support for Yahoo!, AOL, and Gmail;
- Improved version of the Blazer browser;
- Full PDF support using DataViz Documents To Go Version 8.0
- Palm OS platform, version 5.4.9.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!