TIPA Awards 2006: Results
TIPA, Technical Image Press Association, published results of TIPA Awards 2006 which covered 34 nominations.
The "Best D-SLR Entry Level" was given to Nikon D50, a lighter modification of Nikon D70. Another Nikon's camera, D200, was named the "Best D-SLR Expert".
Canon grabbed the "Best D-SLR Professional" for its popular EOS 5D. Besides, the "Best Ultra Compact Digital Camera" and "Best Large Format Printer" also went to Canon for Digital Ixus 65 and imagePROGRAPH iPF5000, respectively.
Fujifilm obtained the "Best Compact Digital Camera" seemingly for the highest ISO value - 3200 this time in FinePix F30 based on new 6th generation SuperCCD HR.
Panasonic was awarded the "Best Superzoom Digital Camera" for Lumix DMC-TZ1 and its 10x folded Leica lens and the "Best Small Format Photo Pinter" for KX-PX1 / KX-PX10 solutions.
The "Best Imaging Innovation" expectedly went to Olympus EVOLT E-330 and its tilting LCD monitor on the back.
Samsung was marked with the "Best Multimedia Digital Camera" for its multimedia-playing Digimax i6 PMP.
The Hi-End models were awarded as well: "Best Hi-end Professional Camera System" for Sinar m and the "Best Medium Format Digital System" for the 39-megapixel Hasselblad H2D-39.
Here's a complete list of nominations and laureates:
- Best D-SLR Entry Level - Nikon D50
- Best D-SLR Expert - NIkon D200
- Best D-SLR Professional - Canon EOS 5D
- Best Medium Format Digital System - Hasselblad H2D-39
- Best Hi-end Professional Camera System - Sinar m System
- Best Ultra Compact Digital Camera - Canon Digital Ixus 65
- Best Compact Digital Camera - Fujifilm FinePix F30
- Best Superzoom Digital Camera - Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1
- Best Multimedia Digital Camera - Samsung Digimax i6 PMP
- Best Consumer Lens - Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC
- Best Professional Lens - AF-S VR Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- Best Prestige Camera - Ricoh GR Digital
- Best Digital Camera Back - Leaf Aptus 75
- Best Flatbed Photo Scanner - Epson Perfection V750 Pro
- Best Small Format Photo Pinter - Panasonic KX-PX1/PX10
- Best A4 Multifunction Photo Printer - Epson Stylus Photo RX640
- Best A3 Photo Printer - HP Photosmart Pro B9180
- Best Large Format Printer - Canon imagePROGRAPH iPF5000
- Best Printing Technology - Epson UltraChrome K3
- Best Digital Photo Projector - Panasonic PT-P1SD
- Best Independent Inkjet Paper - Innova Art FibaPrint Gloss
- Best Color Management System - ColorVision PrintFIX Pro Suite
- Best Imaging Peripheral - Pantone huey
- Best Imaging Innovation - Olympus E-330 Live View
- Best Imaging Storage Media - Lexar LockTight System
- Best Storage Back-up - Jobo Giga Vu Pro evolution
- Best Photo Software - DxO Optics Pro 3.5
- Best Mobile Imaging Device - Nokia N80
- Best Design - Kata Bags
- Best Design & Photographer Monitor - NEC spectraview 2180 LED reference
- Best Digital Minilab - Fujifilm Frontier 500
- Best Photo Kiosk - Mitsubishi DPS Kiosk 7000
- Best Camcorder - JVC Everio G GZ-MC505
- Best Film - Fujichrome T64 Professional
Write a comment below. No registration needed!