Fully sealed PC terminal runs Windows XP Embedded
VarTech Systems has introduced a fully sealed, integrated PC terminal that comes with Windows XP Embedded pre-installed. The VTPC150SE is packaged in a sealed stainless steel case that is well suited for the harsh "wash-down" requirements of dusty/dirty industrial environments, according to the company.
The fanless VTPC150SE is rated to NEMA 4X (IP66) standards, according to VarTech. The device is based on a low power Via Eden processor clocked at 800 MHz, and is equipped with 256 MB of RAM (standard). A teflon-tip pen is available for precise pointing on the system's 15-inch resistive touchscreen display.
The VTPC150SE's adjustable mounting bracket accommodates both wall- and desktop-mounting, as shown on the right. Once mounted, the viewing angle can be easily set to suit each user, according to the company. An optional stainless steel keyboard shelf is also available, along with a sealed keyboard.
VarTech lists the following key features and specifications for the VTPC150SE:
- Processor: 800 MHz Via Eden
- Memory: 256 MB RAM standard, 512 MB available
- Display: 15-inch 24-bit LCD TFT, 1024 X 768, resistive touchscreen
- Storage: 512 MB Flash disk standard, 1 GB available; 2.5-inch hard drive optional
- I/O ports: 10/100 Ethernet; 2 USB; up to 3 serial ports available
- Wireless: 802.11b optional
Write a comment below. No registration needed!