VIA Launches First Single-Chip Embedded Chipset, the VIA CX700, at ESC 2006
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA CX700 digital media IGP chipset for the VIA C7 and Eden processor platforms, its most advanced x86 embedded chipset that integrates all the features of a modern chipset's North and South bridges, including graphics, HD audio, and DDR2 and SATAII support, into a single, compact and power-efficient package.
Technologies packed into the VIA CX700:
- Video – VIA UniChrome Pro IGP core with its 128-bit 2D/3D graphics, hardware MPEG-2 video decoding acceleration and intelligent video rendering technology of the Chromotion CE video display engine; this is complemented by the VIA Vinyl HD Audio controller supporting up to eight high-definition channels delivering a richer all-round digital media experience.
- Memory – Support for both DDR400 and the high-bandwidth DDR2533 memory up to 4GB with ECC capability, and 32-bit as well as 64-bit system memory.
- Connectivity – Support for SATA, SATA II and PATA drives, two COM and six USB2.0 ports, and four PCI slots. Moreover, developers can also integrate support for ISA through an ITE PCI bridge chip, combining legacy ISA connectivity with high bandwidth DDR2 memory support for far more powerful embedded systems.
- Display – Multi-configuration LVDS/DVI transmitter, a popular feature for embedded systems, as well as standard TV-out, and incorporating DuoView to enable dual screen display.
In the CX700, VIA has integrated all the key functionality of both the North and South bridges of a regular VIA chipset into a single chip package exactly the same size as a North bridge, i.e. 37.5mm x 37.5mm, representing a saving of over 34% in board real estate.
Complementing the VIA C7 and fanless VIA Eden processors it supports, the VIA CX700 is based on a power-efficient architecture that enables integration into a compact package with a maximum power envelope of 3.5 watts.
- Processor Support: VIA C7 and VIA Eden processors
- Front Side Bus: 533/400MHz
- Memory Support: DDR2 533/400/333 or DDR400/333
- Max Memory: 4 GB
- AGP Support: AGP 8X
- North/South Bridge Link: V-Link (533MB/sec)
- Graphics Core: VIA UniChrome Pro
- Hardware Video Acceleration: MPEG-2
- Dual Monitor Support: Yes
- Video De-blocking: Yes
- Hardware Display Rotation: Yes
- High Definition Audio: Yes
- USB 2.0: 6 ports
- PCI Devices/Slots: 4 Slots
- Serial ATA: 2 x SATA 150 devices or 2 x SATA II devices
- IDE: 1 EIDE channel up to 2 devices
The VIA CX700 is expected to be available in volume quantities later in Q2 2006. Pricing is available upon request.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!