8-Socket Opteron Workstation Unleashed By Tyan
Tyan introduced the Thunder K8QE (S4885) – a workstation and server motherboard unlike any other.
Thunder K8QE (S4885) uses between four and eight AMD Opteron 200 series processors with dual core and AMD64 technology. Other features of this motherboard include:
The Thunder K8QE (S4885) is sampling today and will be available to OEMs and select customers starting Q2'06.
- Support for between four (4) and eight (8) AMD Opteron 200 series processors with support for dual core and AMD64 technology
- Four PCI Express x16 slots for maximum add-on graphics card options
- Up to sixteen Registered DDR400/333 DIMM modules with ECC and ChipKill
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports for rich network connectivity
- 16" x 13" SSI MEB form factor
Write a comment below. No registration needed!