NVIDIA Introduces GoForce 5500 GPU For Mobile Phones
NVIDIA today unveiled the NVIDIA GoForce 5500 handheld graphics processing unit that is claimed to offer "fluid digital TV, high-fidelity surround sound, rapid multi-shot photography, and console-class 3D graphics".
The newest member of the NVIDIA GoForce family of handheld GPUs, the NVIDIA GoForce 5500 delivers a host of multimedia features, including:
- The first handheld GPU to playback H.264, WMV9 and MPEG-4 video up to D1 resolution (700 X 480 (NTSC) and 720 X 576 (PAL)) at 30 fps.
- Compatible with DVB-H, ISDB-T, and DMB networks
- The first handheld surround sound processor
- Crossfade and multistream technologies
- Experience console-class games, such as Quake III Arena
- Sharp, crystal clear digital photography
- Rapid multi-shot capabilities so users never miss a photo
- Support for up to 10 megapixel resolution
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Dedicated low-power hardware design
Phones based on the NVIDIA GoForce 5500 handheld GPU are expected to be available from key handset manufacturers before the 2006 holiday season.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!