VIA Announces VIA P4M890 PCI Express Desktop IGP Chipset
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA P4M890 IGP chipset featuring improved interconnect and video display technologies and designed for mainstream computing solutions.
Designed for the latest range of Intel Pentium 4 and Celeron processors supporting the 1066MHz FSB, the VIA P4M890 utilizes the VIA StepUp memory controller that supports for DDR2 memory up to 533MHz as well as support for DDR memory modules (up to 4GB). The VIA P4M890 supports up to two PCI Express ports for optional connection to PCI graphics cards, as well as an additional lane of PCI Express connectivity for PCI Express peripheral devices such as Gigabit Ethernet controllers and TV tuners.
Based on the VIA UniChrome Pro graphics core, the VIA P4M890 delivers the Hi-Def experience through its integrated 2D/3D Chromotion CE video display engine along with support for HDTV up to 1080p with a compatible DVI or TV encoder as well as outputs to CRT, LCD and standard definition TV.
The VIA P4M890 utilizes the 533MB/s VIA V-Link interface for connection to the latest VIA South Bridge solutions such as the VIA VT8237A with its integrated VIA Vinyl Multichannel Audio Suite supporting resolutions as high as 32-bit/192kHz, while the VIA Advanced Connectivity Suite offers connectivity options, including support for up to eight high-speed USB 2.0 ports and 10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet.
- Full support for the latest IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processors
- Supports 800/533MHz Front Side Bus Settings
- Supports up to 4GB DDR2 or DDR Memory
- V-Link 533 MB/sec high bandwidth North/South Bridge interconnect
- Full Featured Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) compliant with 8X/4X transfer modes
- Integrated VIA UniChrome Pro
- Optimized Unified Memory Architecture (UMA)
- 200MHz Graphics Engine Clock with separated 128-bit data paths
- 128-bit 2D and 3D Graphics Engine
- Chromotion CE Video Display Engine (MPEG-2 Decoder, Video Deblocking, Adaptive De-Interlace, Full HDTV support up to 1080p)
- Two 8-bit Video Capture Ports
- Three 12-bit Digital Video Ports for connection to TV out, Video Capture In, and external TMDS transmitter
- Full Software support including Microsoft DirectX 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 and Open GL support
- Support for VIA Vinyl HD Audio
- Serial ATA support for up to 4 devices
- Integrated V-RAID with RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, and JBOD (SATA) support
- Parallel ATA133/100/66 support for up to 4 devices
- Support for up to 8 USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports
- Support for VIA Velocity Gigabit Ethernet companion controller & Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Advanced System Power Management Support
The VIA P4M890 chipset is available now.
Source: VIA Technologies
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!