Gigabyte Announces First Intel Viiv Enabled Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology announced its premiere motherboard - GA-8I945GMH with Intel Viiv technology support for digital media and entertainment platforms designed from the ground up for the digital home. Intel Viiv Technology allows users to record, store and play a variety of media types including movies, music, television, gaming and photo editing.
Developed for low-profile entertainment devices that merge with the living room environment, the new GA-8I945GMH relies on the Intel 945G Express chipset, Intel GMA 950 graphics engine with integrated hardware MPEG2 decoding. Additionally, the board's Intel ICH7 South Bridge offers 8-channel surround audio.
The GA-8I945GMH is optimized for Intel Pentium D Dual Core processors and supports the latest Serial ATA II 3Gbps interface. The connectivity is provided by Intel PRO/1000 PL Gigabit Ethernet and the board also includes onboard Firewire and USB2.0 ports for digital audio and video device connectivity.
The motherboard comes with Norton Internet Security. Additionally, GIGABYTE Shieldware compliments the hardware package with eight software features, including Download Center, C.I.A.2, M.I.B.2, S.O.S., M.I.T., and Xpress3 for safe recovery and backup of content.
GA-8I945GMH-RH Main Specifications:
- Supports Intel Viiv Technology
- Supports Intel Pentium D processor
- Intel 945G Express Chipset / ICH7-DH chipset
- Micro-ATX form factor
- 1 x PCI-ExpressX16 slot
- 1 x PCI-ExpressX1 slot, 2* PCI slot
- 4 x Dual channel DDRII 667, support up to 4GB memory.
- Intel Pro 1000 Gigabit LAN
- 4 x Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s (ICH7-DH Southbridge)
- 1 x Parallel ATA (ICH7-DH)
- 3 x IEEE1394a ports (Texas Instrument solution)
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Intel High Definition Audio with 8 channel audio
The GIGABYTE GA-8I945GMH is expected to be available at the end of December through normal GIGABYTE distribution channels.
Source: Gigabyte Technology
Write a comment below. No registration needed!