Tyan Launches Dual-Core Single-CPU 1U Server
Tyan introduced the Tomcat i7230B (S5161), a 1U-optimized rackmount-ready server board with dual-core Intel Pentium 4 support and virtualization support.
The Tomcat i7230B uses the Intel E7230 "Mukilteo" chipset with an optimized 1U layout design on all components to allow for improved airflow over all parts of the motherboard. In addition, Tyan has integrated the following server-class features into the Tomcat i7230B:
- 1U-optimized layout for best airflow and thermal management in rackmount environment
- Support for Intel Pentium 4 LGA775 processors with Hyper-Threading, and Pentium D processors (dual-core support)
- Supports up to 8GB of DDR2-533/667 unbuffered memory with ECC
- Two Gigabit Ethernet and one 10/100 LAN ports – excellent flexibility for any network
- Specialized PCI-X/e slot and one TARO add-on SO-DIMM socket
- Serial ATA-2 with RAID levels supported (0, 1)
- Built-in 16MB XGI Volari Z7 video controller with external video port
- Remote management features including IPMI 2.0, all in an ATX form factor
The Tomcat i7230B (S5161) is currently sampling to select customers, and will reach mass production levels towards mid Q1'06.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!