VIA Announces CN700 IGP Chipset For The VIA C7 Processor
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA CN700 IGP chipset, featuring digital media technologies and advanced low power design, intended for its VIA C7 processor-powered devices, such as mini PCs, fanless embedded commercial systems and quiet home entertainment centers.
The chipset features integrated S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro IGP core supporting HDTV up to 1080p and hardware MPEG-2 decoding as well as the Chromotion CE Video Display Engine.
Supporting the VIA V4 bus up to 533MHz, the VIA CN700 IGP chipset can work with both DDR2 and DDR memory modules with built-in system and graphics power management.
Combined with the VIA VT 8237A South Bridge, the VIA CN700 supports native Serial ATA (4 ports) and multiple configuration V-RAID, VIA Vinyl High Definition Audio, and Gigabit Ethernet with the VIA Velocity controller.
- Supports up to 2GB DDR2 533/400MHz or DDR400/333/266MHz SDRAM
- 533 MB/sec 8-bit V-Link Host Controller supporting V-Map Modular Architecture
- Video De-blocking
- Adaptive De-Interlace
- Optimized Unified memory Architecture (UMA)
- 200MHz Graphics Engine Clock with separated 128-bit data paths
- 128-bit 2D and 3D Graphics engine
- 12-bit DVI transmitter
- 24-bit Flat Panel Display Interface and Dual 12-bit Flat Panel Display Interface
- 12-bit interface to external TV encoder for SDTV and HDTV display
- Support for up to 8 USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports
- Advanced System Power Management Support
VIA CN700 is expected to be available in volume quantities in Q1 2006.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!