ASUS Introduces A Carbon Fiber Notebook
ASUSintroduced the W1 Carbon Notebook Series with carbon fiber housing. Inside the housing there's the Centrino platform, DDRII memory, PCI Express and the ATI Mobility Radeon X700 graphics.
The W1 Carbon's LCD cover is made of solid carbon fiber that acts as effective EMI protective shield. By using this material, the W1 Carbon is 60% lighter and twice as tough than that of the notebooks made of aluminum magnesium.
The built-in DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial) feature allows wireless digital TV broadcast wherever the service is available. The W1 Carbon is supplied with an ultra-slim remote controller that can be stored in the PCMCIA slot when not needed and an LCM display to show TV channel status, CD tracks, DVD scene numbers and more.
Also, there's Instant Fun "one touch entertainment" feature that allows access to multimedia applications including, Digital TV broadcast, DVD playback and photo viewing, without the need to enter the OS first. In addition, the notebook has ASUS Mobile Theater and Microsoft Media Center Edition (MCE) software.
Finally, the notebook features a built-in subwoofer and the slot-in Super Multi DVD DL drive.
- Intel Pentium M processor 730-770, 1.60-2.13GHz, 533MHz, 2MB L2 Cache
- Intel 915PM Chipset
- DDRII 533MHz, up to 1GB
- 15.4" WXGA Color Shine & Crystal Shine/ WSXGA+ ZBD LCD; ASUS Splendid Video Intelligent Engine
- Analog TV (W1Vb)/ Hybrid TV (Analog + DVB-T W1Vc)
- ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB
- ASUS Mobile TheaterIII or Microsoft MCE 2005; Instant Fun
- 3 x USB, 1 x TV-Out, 1 x Card Reader, 1 x remote control, 1 x Bluetooth V2.0+EDR
- 36.4 x 26.4 x 3.2cm, 3.2kg
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!