Philips Presents New Nexperia Cellular System Solution For Mid-range Phones
Royal Philips Electronics has announced a new member of its Nexperia Cellular System Solution family. The Nexperia Cellular System Solution 5210 GSM/GPRS/EDGE platform incorporates a hardware and software design optimized for multimedia performance that eliminates the need for a separate co-processor.
The novelty is enhanced with Philips LifeVibes software products, supporting e-AAC+ stereo audio content, that provides end users with a music equalizer and high quality FM stereo recording. On the imaging side, it offers embedded digital camera interface with a resolution of 1.3 Megapixels (or higher definition with a video processor), as well as QCIF video recording and playback at 30 fps. For simplicity reasons, all functions are manageable by USB connection.
The Nexperia Cellular System Solution 5210 is available now.
The Philips Nexperia cellular system solution 5210 is composed of a true quad-band class 12-capable EDGE chipset, including:
- Philips Nexperia cellular baseband (PNX5230)
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE RF transceiver (UAA3588E)
- Power amplifier front-end module with integrated antenna switch (BGY505)
- Power management unit (PCF50611) with main and backup battery charging
- Software compatibility with the existing EDGE Nexperia cellular system solution 6120
- Reference design and all tools needed to deliver a complete handset solution.
- Hardware extensions include FM radio (TEA5761UK), Bluetooth 1.2 module (BGB204) and QCIF+ display (P9165)
The solution also incorporates mono interference cancellation (MIC) technology, which uses advanced software-based techniques to improve transmission integrity, decreasing the number of dropped calls and increasing data rate.
Source: Royal Philips Electronics
Write a comment below. No registration needed!