Seagate announces ten new storage solutions
Seagate today announced ten storage solutions, including hard drives for the automotive market, 2.5" drives for DVRs and game consoles, 8GB drives for portable media players, 2.5" drives utilizing perpendicular recording, drives with Full Disc Encryption.
Consumer electronics drives:
- The EE25 Series — designed specifically for use in cars; extreme environmental resistance, can operate in temperatures from 30 to 85 degrees C and in high-humidity and high-altitude environments.
- The ST1 Series — 8GB 1" hard drives designed for use in handheld and CompactFlash applications; features Seagate´s RunOn Technology for improved performance in high-vibration environments, such as jogging; supports low-power modes, time-to-ready is 1.2 seconds.
- The LD25 Series — 2.5" hard drives designed for the latest game consoles and smaller-size PCs and home entertainment devices.
- The DB35 Series — 500GB capacity for DVR and home entertainment systems.
- The 8GBCompactFlash Photo Hard Drive — a tiny 1" drives for digital cameras.
- Momentus 5400.3 — 2.5" notebook drives utilizing perpendicular recording and offering 160GB capacity.
- Momentus FDE — offer hardware-based full disc encryption technology providing protection against unauthorized access to data on stolen or retired notebook PCs; FDE technology requires only a user key to encrypt all data, not just selected files or partitions, on the drive.
Desktop PC drives:
- The Barracuda 7200.9 — combines 3GB/s SATAII throughput with 500GB of capacity, 16 Mbytes of cache and Native Command Queuing (NCQ); the new flagship drive in the Barracuda family.
The Seagate External Hard Drive — external drives with 500GB of capacity; also with FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) interface.
The Seagate Portable External Hard Drive — 120GB capacity drives; also with FireWire (IEEE 1394a) interface.
It seems the junior models only obtained new interfaces, while the higher-end products were completely reworked.
ST1 and LD25 series are already shipping to a number of customers. 500GB DB35 and Barracudas will go on sale this Summer, while sales of EE25 will be launched in the Fall.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!