Computex 2005: Tyan, 4(8)-way servers boards for AMD Opteron
At Computex 2005 Tyan introduced its new server platform for dual-core AMD Opteron 800 processors Thunder K8QW (S4881). The novelty is designed for 4 processors and is upgradable to 8-way variant with a special board.
Thunder K8QW (S4881):
- 4 x AMD Opteron 800 Series (single or dual-core)
- Upgradable to 8-way configuration with HT4881 and M4881 adapters
- Up to 128GB registered DDR400 or 256GB registered DDR266
- PCI Express x16, 4 lanes and 16 lanes slots
- 2 x 100MHz PCI-X and 1 x 133MHz PCI-X slots
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet from Broadcom
- Integrated ATI RAGE XL
- Integrated NVIDIA Serial ATA-II 3Gbps, RAID 0, 1, 0+1
- Remote administration (incl. power options)
In addition to Thunder K8QW the company is planning to release 4-8-way systems Transport VX50 (B4881) based on Thunder K8QW:
- 4(8) x AMD Opteron 800 Series CPUs
- 5U (server-class tower) form-factor
- 8 x hot-swap HDD bays, Serial ATA-II or Ultra320 SCSI
- Slim CD-ROM and FDD
- 930-1350W power consumption
The volume production of K8QW is scheduled to the late Q3 2005, while Transport VX50 barebone is scheduled to Q4 of the same year.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!