Gigabyte Unveils GA-8I955X Royal In Its i-DNA Series
Continuing the series of announcements for new dual-core products GIGABYTE unveiled the new GA-8I955X Royal motherboard, its first on Intel 955X Express chipset and at the same time its top-end product optimized for Intel 8xx CPUs and supporting DDR2 up to 888MHz.
The novelty features CPU Intelligent Accelerator 955 (CIA 2) and Memory Intelligent Booster 2 (MIB 2) and is bundled with Universal Plus Dual Power System (U-Plus D.P.S.).
As for interfaces, GA-8I955X Royal has 2 x Gigabit Ethernet, Firewire (IEEE1394b) and USB 2.0. The package also includes Bluetooth GN-BTD02 USB dongle.
- Supports Intel Pentium D/Extreme Edition (LGA 775) processors
- Intel 955X Express/ICH7R chipset
- 1 x PCI-Express x16
- 2 x PCI-Express x1, 3 x PCI
- 4 sockets for DDR2-888 with ECC, up to 8GB
- Universal-Plus Dual Power System (U-Plus DPS)
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet
- 4 x Serial ATA II (ICH7R Southbridge)
- 2 x Serial ATA II (Silicon Image SiL3132)
- 3 x Parallel ATA (ICH7R + GigaRAID)
- 3 x IEEE1394b (Texas Instruments)
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1
- Intel High Definition Audio codec
Write a comment below. No registration needed!