Archos PMA400 officially announced at last
Archos, which had showcased the first samples of PMA400 at CeBIT 2004, officially announced this new portable multimedia center at last. Note that its features are already close to a normal PC: WLAN, 30 GB HDD, PDA and video camera functionality, Linux Qtopia OS.
In the near future the company is going to introduce SDK for developing applications for PMA400. Traditionally, the device allows connecting a wide range of devices from flash dongles to additional hard drives.
While there´s no pricing and availability information, we hope that PMA400 will arrive to the market in some short time.
- 30 GB HDD
- USB 2.0, Wi-Fi (802.11b), IrDA
- Linux Qtopia OS with ARCHOS multimedia applications
- Video support
- Plays MPEG-4 SP at 704x480 @ 30 fps (NTSC), 720x576 @ 25 fps (AVI) with MP3 or ADPCM sound
- Records MPEG-4 SP at 512x384 @ 30 fps (AVI) with MP3 or ADPCM sound
- Audio support
- Plays Stereo MP3 at 30-320 Kbps (CBR, VBR), WMA (incl. protected), WAV
- Records MP3, WAV (PCM) from an analog source, records voice from a built-in mic
- JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP static images
- 3.5" TFT LCD touchscreen, 320x240 (QVGA), 262K colors
- Headphones-out, mic, speaker, TV cradle (analog A/V in/out), S-Video, IrDA receiver for remote control, IrDA transmitter for tuner control, SCART I/O in European models
- Up to 4 hours of video playback, 9.5 hours or music playback, removable battery is an option
- Powers from Li-Ion batteries or AC adapter
- 125x78x20 mm size
- 280 g weight
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!