MSI announces XA52P, a SATA DVD/CD-ROM
Taiwanese Micro-Star International announced the first SATA DVD device supporting NCQ (Native Command Queuing), XA52P.
- 52x CD-R, 24x CD-RW write, 52x CD-R, 16x DVD-ROM read
- Serial ATA interface
- PIO Mode 4, DMA Mode 2, UDMA Mode 2
- 2MB buffer
- 870 MB and 800 MB CD-R media supported
- Mount Rainer
- Vertical installation possible
- Disc-at-Once, Track-at-Once, Session-at-Once, Multisession, Packet Writing, RAW Mode
- Sized 145.8x41.4x170.8mm
- Weighs 1.0kg
Other features include SoftBurn noise reduction, ABS (Anti-Bumping System), HyperGuard low-quality media protection.
In a separate note the company stated that the model works only with Intel 875P / 865PE / 865G / 865GV / 865P / 848P chipsets and doesn´t support PCI SATA controllers. The DVD-ROM is RPC-II (i.e. only 4 regional code changes accepted).
Write a comment below. No registration needed!