nForce 3 Ultra: photos of the new single-chip solution
We have finally obtained photos of nForce3 Ultra chipset for AMD Athlon Socket 939. In this case the company decided to use single-chip architecture to reduce power consumption.
The innovations include firewall in NVIDIA nForce3 MCP. According to the press release, it has flexible settings, extended management options (remote access, configuration and monitoring).
Other features are similar to other nForce 3 solutions:
- NVIDIA IEEE 802.3 Media Access Control (MAC)
- 10/100/1000Base-T: Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet, HomePNA 2.0 PHY
- Advanced Communication Riser (ACR) and Communications and Networking Riser (CNR)
- RAID 0, 1, 0+1: Ultra ATA-133 (up to 6 devices), UltraDMA 6-0 (UltraDMA 33/66/100/133)
- AGP3.0 (0.8V, 8x/4x), AGP2.0 (1.5V, 4x/2x/1x)
- Up to 8 x USB 2.0
- PCI 2.3, up to 6 x 33MHz slots
- Hypertransport, up to 8 GB/s
- AC´97 2.1 audio: 2, 4, 6 and 8-channel sound, ACR/CNR, S/PDIF
Write a comment below. No registration needed!