Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott) stepping E-0, LGA775 goes on sale in Korea
Intel changed the stepping of Prescott from D-0 to E-0. As for the changelog, it includes:
- Power optimization for performance improvement
- Execute Disable Bit support and additional power management features (LGA775 only)
- CPU ID changed from 0xF34h to 0xF41h
- New processors require updates motherboard BIOS
- E-0 is pin-compatible with D-0
More details are promised on July 14, 2004. The following processors are affected:
- Pentium 4 Processor – mPGA478: 3.40GHz, 3.20GHz, 3GHz è 2.80GHz (800MHz FSB), 2.80GHz (533MHz FSB)
- Pentium 4 Processor – LGA775 EM64T: 3.60GHz, 3.40GHz, 3.20GHz (800MHz FSB)
- Pentium 4 Processor – LGA775: 560 (3.60GHz, 800MHz FSB), 550 (3.40GHz, 800MHz FSB), 540 (3.20GHz, 800MHz FSB), 530 (3GHz, 800MHz FSB), 520 (2.80GHz, 800MHz FSB)
According to Korean Say25.com, 3.60GHz Pentium 4 LGA775 and respective i915P (Grantsdale) motherboard went on sale in the local market. Though I doubt there´s many of them, judging by "Intel Confidential" line on the chip. Seems like a sample delivered to one of their local labs.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!