Conexant releases PRISM GT and PRISM WorldRadio USB2.0 chipsets
Conexant Systems, the broadband, corporate and SOHO networking product manufacturer, released its PRISM GT (802.11g) and PRISM WorldRadio (802.11a/g) USB2.0 chipsets to be used by all major WLAN vendors like 3Com, Buffalo Technology, D-Link, IOGEAR, Linksys, NETGEAR, and SMC Networks.
Having integrated baseband processor, MAC controller and USB2.0 interface into a single chip will allow developers lower production costs of IEEE 802.11 and USB 2.0 devices. Besides, PRISM USB 2.0 supports PRISM Nitro XM (Xtreme Multimedia) software extensions providing up to 140Mbps throughput.
Therefore Conexant´s portfolio now includes CardBus 32, mini-PC, 16-bit parallel, serial, and USB chips.
PRISM USB 2.0 brief specs:
- Fully integrated USB 2.0 solution
- FCC, Microsoft´s Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) and Wi-Fi Alliance certificates
- PRISM SingleSource drivers
- PRISM Nitro XM extensions with PRISM DirectLink
- Support and hardware acceleration of Wi-Fi Protected Access, TLS, TTLS, MD5, LEAP and Advanced Encryption System (AES); CCX 2.0 certificate
- PRISM PowerSave energy saving
- Backward compatibility with 802.11b WLAN, USB 1.0 and 1.1
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!