ALPS releases a new HDD head series
Japanese ALPS announced the development of its HRGHL Series of 120Gb/inch² giant magnetoresistive (GMR) thin-film HDD heads. According to the press release, samples will be shipped at the end of the year, and mass production of 2.5" 120GB and 300GB solutions will begin early in 2005.
HRGHL series specs:
- Write induction: 50nH max.
- Read direct current resistance: 50ω max.
- Flying height: 11nm
- LF output: 12mV/µm nominal
- 50% output pulse width: 4.0µ" max.
- Write characteristics: 30dB max.
- Output asymmetry: (0±15)%
- Output stability: 3.0%max.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!