ASUS’s new LGA775 motherboards on Grantsdale/Alderwood, SiS656, PT890/PT892 chipsets
French x86-Secret, referring to a certain presentation, informed on ASUS´s motherboard roadmap that includes solutions on Intel´s Grantsdale (i915) and Alderwood (i925) as well as on SiS´s SiS656 and VIA´s PT890/PT892.
As you can see, LGA775 motherboards will have the new model names starting with P5. The next letter seems to mark the chipset family "G" for i915 (Grantsdale) and "A" for i925 (Alderwood). The next number will stand for the memory type supported D1" for DDR-I and "D2" for DDR-II.
- ASUS P5AD2 i925X+ICH6R, LGA775, PCI-E, Dual DDR-II
- ASUS P5GD2 i915P+ICH6R, LGA775, PCI-E, Dual DDR-II
- ASUS P5GD1 i915P+ICH6R, LGA775, PCI-E, Dual DDR-I
- ASUS P4GD1 i915P+ICH6R, µPGA478, PCI-E, Dual DDR-I
- ASUS P5GD2-VM i915G+ICH6R, LGA775, PCI-E, Dual DDR-II
It´s interesting that Grantsdale-based models include Socket 478 solutions as well. Anyway, the most optimistic availability date is early May 2004.
There won´t be as many solutions on chipsets from SiS and VIA, but both Taiwanese manufacturers can be proud for providing the dual-channel support simultaneously with Intel (unlike the previous announcements).
- ASUS P5SDC SiS656 + SiS965, LGA775, PCI-E, Dual DDRI/DDRII
- ASUS P5VD1 VIA PT890 + VT8237, LGA775, PCI-E, Dual DDRI/DDRII
- ASUS P5VD2 VIA PT892 + VT8237, LGA775, PCI-E, AGP 8x, Dual DDR-II
Frankly speaking, I heard about VIA PT892 for the first time. Still judging by P5VD2 features, it´s likely to be a variant of PT890 supporting AGP 8x instead of PCI Express 16x.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!