Fujifilm officially unveils FinePix S3 Pro digital camera
Today, in a week before PMA (Photo Marketing Association) that is to take place in Las Vegas from February 12 to 15, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A. officially unveiled the long-anticipated Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro digital camera.
This model is naturally to replace FinePix S2 Pro. It has body based on Nikon N80 (F80) and has a number of significant improvements, in particular, the new Super CCD SR.
FinePix S3 Pro brief specs:
- 12.3 effective Megapixel SuperCCD SR sensor produces images with 4256 x 2848 pixels; there are 6.17 million effective S-pixels and 6.17 effective R-pixels on this chip! (The SR sensor is designed to improve dynamic range in images. Let´s hope they take more advantage of the technology here than they did on the FinePix F700.)
- Rugged, polycarbonate body with Nikon F-mount
- 1.5X focal length conversion
- Shutter speed range of 30 1/4000 sec, plus bulb mode
- ISO sensitivities: 100/160/200/400/800/1600
- JPEG and 14-bit CCD-RAW modes
- 2 inch, 235k pixel LCD
- Lower power consumption; camera uses four AA batteries
- Flash sync port + hot shoe; flash sync speed of 1/180 sec
- New D-TTL metering system is compatible with all Nikon-compatible flashes
- CompactFlash Type II and xD memory card slots
- USB 2.0 and FireWire interfaces
- PictBridge-enabled (as are all four of these new Fujis)
- Pricing and availability TBA
Write a comment below. No registration needed!