Chinese overclocking: ethanol, ice cube and Athlon 64 FX53 at 3007MHz
It seems overclockers climbed another peak, according to Coolaler Zone. This time it was AMD Athlon 64 FX53 processor operating at 3007MHz (13.5x228MHz) at 1.76V. The peak was actually at 3083MHz, but the system became unstable. 3DMark03 used in tests "gave up" already at 2.89GHz. During the experiment PC3200 memory clock speed was increased to 466MHz.
This is the testbed:
- ASUS SK8N motherboard, BIOS 1004m nForce3 drivers
- 2 x 512MB Corsair DDR400 SDRAM modules on Winbond CH-5 chips, 6-2-3-2 timings, 2.7V voltage
- ATI RADEON 9800XT graphics card, Catalyst 3.1 (500/411) driver
- 2 x Maxtor S ATA 6Y060M0 RAID 0 hard drives
- HEC 335W X1+ CWT 550W X1 power supplies
- Windows XP Professional SP1
- Open chassis, 20° environment
- Dry ice, ethanol, copper tank on the processor
Write a comment below. No registration needed!