NV40 = GeForceFX 6XXX? Some rumours on new NVIDIA GPUs
As usual, not long before the announcement of an intriguing novelty, the Web starts buzzing with rumours on its probable features. This is naturally happening now with the NVIDIA NV40.
German 3DCenter shared with us a compilation of rumours, leaks and assumptions on NV40 architectural features:
- 0.13µm process
- 175 million transistors
- 8 pipelines, 2 textures per pass
- Hardware DirectX 9.0 Shader 3.0
- DDR1, GDDR2, GDDR3 support
- Probable clock speeds: 500-600MHz GPU and 600-800MHz memory
- Probable release date: late March, CeBIT
- Arrival to retail: late April early May 2004
- Probable retail name: GeForceFX 6XXX
As for the probable release dates and features of NV41-NV45 GPUs, they don´t differ much from those published in our Video Digest (to be released these days). Anyway, below is a chart of estimated released dates.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!